View Single Post
April 24th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
I don't believe they take their breaths away, but yes, I imagine they could lay on a newborns face and suffocate it. I mean, a newborn isn't really strong enough to pull away.
Big ole' ditto. Nothing can "take their breath away", but they can be suffocated by something like a pillow, blanket, or yes, a cat.

That said, we have 2 cats and 2 dogs in the house. We feel very strongly that our pets are our responsiblity and would never rehome them until we'd tried all avenues. All of our pets adjusted very well to DD. Now she slept beside me in a bassinett or PNP until she was a year so I would have heard a cat get in her bed....now she sleeps in her crib most of the night with the door open, but the cats a) don't want to sleep where she is, and b) she could move away if they sat on her now. Flaily little babies/kids are a LOT different than sleeping with a warm snuggly adult

We talked to our vet about how to best introduce baby to the pets, and didn't have any issues. We always watch them of course, but they do play together while supervised.

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!