View Single Post
April 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I have a kinder and am a newbie myself so I am always changing and adjusting right now!

BUT.....a typical day is.......
I run a family daycare and we do learning activities around 11am for about 30 min. At this time, I offer Delaney learning activities she can do pretty much on her own so I can also work with my other kids more. We often read books during this time too. If she completes her work fast, she heads to the computer for some learning activities on Time 4 learning.

After lunch we do a craft or coloring page of some sort.

During naps is when we work on the rest of the things she hasn't completed. This takes about another 20-30 min. It could be more worksheets that needs more one on one or reading/writing or a learning game or doing the computer work if she didnt' get to it earlier.

Once a week we do library and we do a science lesson either on T4L or hands on.

The rest of the day is filled with games and outside/inside play, etc. The times we actually do the activities varies and is broken up but, in general, we do about an hour to an hour and 1/2 total with everything all rolled up. I know this is WAY more than most kindergarteners, so when we get a lovely day and don't want to do anything, we skip if needed. And sometimes we will finish work in the evening or even on a weekend. I rather love the flexibility!! It works well with our schedule and for her too as her learning is broken up and she doesn't get so antsy.