View Single Post
April 25th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Right now our boys (ages 6 & 7) get up at 7:30 or 8 and take showers while I'm still sleeping / slowly waking up. Then they go in the school room and play video games on the computer or watch a cartoon quietly until breakfast is ready. So I get up and make breakfast while they are doing that. We eat breakfast, I clean up the table or ask them to, tell them to go brush teeth and finish getting dressed (someone inevitably is running around in their undies ). By this time the 2 yo & 4 yo are up and may be eating breakfast at the table while I get out our school work. Sometimes we start with the math, writing, etc, and sometimes we go in the living room and I sit in my recliner while I do the read-aloud subjects (science book, bible story book, history book). Sometimes I have one boy do their math sheet at the table in the other room while I listen to the other boy "read me a story" (reading) in the living room. We barely ever do everything in the same order 2 days in a row, but I might start trying to more so we can move along quicker.

While the boys are doing their work my 4 yo is either doing her "stool work" (school work, i.e. her preschool workbook), or doing pbskids on the computer, or I tell her to go upstairs and play in her room so she's not a distraction. The 2 yo I keep occupied as best I can by saying "go see daddy" (lol), or giving him a snack, cartoons, or sending him upstairs to play with his sister.

We break for lunch around 12 or 1 and after lunch we may do a little more school (usually not more than an hour and a half), at which point I'm falling asleep every day. School time ceases when mommy is falling asleep, sometimes in the middle of a subject, especially if we are doing read-alouds last. lol Then the kids can all watch a movie together while I take a nap, then they often go outside to play until dinner.

[/url]