View Single Post
April 25th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you prefer a midwife who is super hands off, doing little to no testing and practically letting you UC while she knits? I like a midwife in between. I definitely want her to keep a close eye during pregnancy and I do like some pelvic exams and lots of keeping an eye on the baby during labor.

Do you prefer a midwife who is more pro-medicine, maybe a little more proactive and quicker to transfer - maybe a CNM? (Or a birth center) The longer I am around birth - through ICAN, my doula and midwife friends - the more I realize how bad things can go and how quickly. It has really tightened up my conditions for the type of midwife I would hire. I still don't want a medwife, but just take 1-2 steps back from that. I want someone who has been catching babies a LONG time, and with an EXCELLENT track record.

Do you want someone motherly, or someone professional or in between? In between

How long are your appointments? Do you like them or wish they were longer or shorter? My appointments are an hour when they're monthy, and then 1/2 an hour when they get closer together. They're just right - we are such chatterboxes!

Have you found your ideal midwife or are you still looking? Is what you want even available in your area? I definitely have. There are only two things I would change about her, and that is that she is a diet totalitarian and needs to lighten up on that! And the other is that she believes in homeopathy, which I definitely do NOT.