View Single Post
April 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
16 weeks down, 24 more to go!

It's mostly good news this week--we had our big anatomy scan on Tuesday and everything is normal with the baby, plus, IT'S A GIRL!!!! We are really excited since we wanted one of each, especially DH. My cervix is also "super long" according to the doc, at 4.5 cm., so that's great news too. Hopefully it stays like that for the foreseeable future! And, I just got a call from the peri's office saying that my blood screens all came back super low for risk of Down Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and spina bifida--DS and T18 were both in the lowest category they go to, and the SB number was also really low. Good news!

The only things not going according to plan is that I'm getting more anemic, and the thyroid meds aren't working enough, so they've uped my dose of both synthroid and iron. I'm really hoping this will help me to be not so tired, because I feel wiped out most of the time.

I am actually starting to feel like I might make it through this pregnancy OK, although, a part of me is still waiting for the other shoe to drop...because seriously, things are going so much better than I had hoped for so far!