View Single Post
April 28th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you prefer a midwife who is super hands off, doing little to no testing and practically letting you UC while she knits?
I like a midwife who is hands off, but also willing to step if she feels I need it. My last midwives were that way, but I also wish they were more...I don't know, doula-like and had given suggestions to me during labor. I also like someone who is willing to give suggestions or recommendations if I need them. I like to make the decisions for my care (which is why I like midwives) but sometimes I need a little guidance also.

Do you prefer a midwife who is more pro-medicine, maybe a little more proactive and quicker to transfer - maybe a CNM? (Or a birth center)
No

Do you want someone motherly, or someone professional or in between?
Motherly

How long are your appointments? Do you like them or wish they were longer or shorter?
I've only had one and it was paperwork, bloodwork, etc. so I'm not sure how long a routine appt will be

Have you found your ideal midwife or are you still looking? Is what you want even available in your area?
I'm very happy with the midwife I chose for this birth and we have some good options in this area that I could have chosen. Since 1 was on vacation around my due date, that left me with 2 and I really clicked with Kate, who I ended up choosing.

Expecting baby #4!