Topic: Your Stance
View Single Post
May 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Keepin' it real!
Pro-Choice.

I CHOOSE not to have an abortion whilst not assuming I have the right to infringe on someone else's CHOOSING to have one.

PS Just because I am pro-choice does not mean I advocate or am "for" abortion in any way. I don't like it any more than any of the pro-lifers. However, I DO NOT have to live with someone else's decisions in their life; they do. I am not about to go and blow up clinics (like the extremists) because that makes me no better than the woman who I'd be condemning. (Hello, blowing up clinic = people dying=murder. Same thing I am telling a woman NOT to do to her baby?--HYPOCRITICAL!!!!)

I do not SUPPORT abortion, I support women's rights. If I don't and other women don't, then a lot of women would not have any rights, would be subject to the punishment of the government (and not their God/Allah/Jehovah/higher power---who ultimately is the only one who should be judging). I see no reason why the government needs to tell a woman to have a baby we all will be the one's supporting. The reality is that NOT all women will adopt out. NOT all women are 'normal' and won't just let the baby starve to death. NOT all women are capable of handling a newborn or children at all for that matter.

I'd respect a woman much more for having an early abortion than I would had she made the decision to have the baby and resent him/her.

And before someone tells me "Do you think it's okay to kill a newborn baby or abuse a child?" I don't believe it's the same thing. I am sorry.

1 Girl 2011 and 1 Boy 2013. Their family is COMPLETE!

Surrogacy # 3 for new family?: 2014??

Last edited by GSLynn; May 1st, 2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Can't spell "because" today....