View Single Post
May 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mischief Managed
If you only plan on using them 8 weeks it might not be worth it. Just to start out CD cost about $300 (is the estimates I have been hearing, I havn't officially started getting my stash put together yet so not sure. Wow I need to get on that! I plan on using pre-folds)
BUT since I will be home most of the time, I plan on CDing but whenever I leave (even if it is only a night. I don't want to lug dirty CDs around) my apt I plan using sposies, so I think if you do decide to trade off and on that is a great idea. Either way, you will be saving money anytime you use a single cloth diaper after the initial starting costs. I havn't asked if it really effects the baby by switching, but I couldn't imagine it being too much of a hassle. They have made sposies so great these days comfort wise. I think if the sposies give the baby a rash it is time to only use CD till the rash goes away. I will need to do a little more research on it! Great, just another thing to think about!
They need to be washed in their own load but from what I have been reading it doesn't have to be every day.