View Single Post
May 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with what some of the other ladies have said - if you want to use them for short term and with a newborn, I would use prefolds and covers. That is going to be the cheapest and make the most sense. And most one size diapers don't fit a newborn well until they are about 10ish pounds, and if you wanted sized diapers you can certainly find diapers for a newborn at cheaper than $20 each!! Also, you need to figure that you change cloth more often - a good rule of thumb is every 2 hours. We generally change our newborns with every feeding (breastfed babies, so they eat ~ every 2 hours and most breastfed babies poop every time they eat!) and then extra if they poop or are wet in between those times! And with newborn poo, you don't have to worry about rinsing it off before washing, just throw it in the diaper pail and then into the wash when you are ready! I have no idea on the cost of disposables, as we haven't used them with our kids, but I always hear people complain of the cost and did recently see 2 of the major companies are raising their prices 7%!!!

Interested in Cloth Diapers and other kid/baby products? Then Check out my store!! www.chickadeebabies.com