View Single Post
May 5th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello
Ive been a big lurker over here over the past year. My DH & I (both 35) have been TTC x 3yrs this month ~ I tried 2 IUI's in Jan/Feb with no luck. I've tossed around the idea of adoption in my head for about a year, have done just a very little bit of reading online -- there is just SO much to digest about it. I did email a few local agencies here as well as gotton some basic info from 2 friends who have successfully adopted beautiful children. When I read about it, I get those butterflies, when I think this could be me, I have that renewed excitement that I lost along the way of failing what I've tried. I know I'll continue to lurk here, hopefully will get more info from staying on this thread & of course welcome any useful "starting" tips from you all !! One thing I can think of off the top of my head that does worry me, is that DH & I did put in an inground pool when we moved 3yrs ago. We have a privacy fence that encloses our entire backyard area. I dont know if specific rules apply from agency to agency about what exactly would have to be done in order to even pass a home study? Otherwise I appreciate you reading this and look forward to learning lots & lots more