View Single Post
May 5th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand completely and feel exactly the same way.

I love my DS and can't imagine life without him but sometimes i feel like i don't want to be responsible for someone else all the time. Even when you are away, you are still a mom.

When these thoughts hit me i have to remind myself that this is completely normal of motherhood and i shouldn't beat myself up about it or make myself miserable by focusing too much on what i can't have.

There are a lot of things that you will have to sacrifice and i think the feeling of wanting life before a baby is always going to hit you when one of those sacrifices come up. I don't think anyone truly wants to give up doing whatever they like, when they like and being carefree.

So just remind yourself that you will have days again when you can have some fun. And those thoughts of "what if this didn't happen" are normal and doesn't make you a bad mom or mean you aren't ready to be a mother. Sacrificing your own wants and desires for your child actually make you a great mom. There are plenty of "moms" who don't...

Cece

Thank You Sharon for my beautiful siggy!