View Single Post
May 7th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Send a message via AIM to ~*3 little bears*~
I don't like the photo at all BUT I completely agree with the sarcasm directed to that incredibly insensitive statement of "at least you have a healthy baby" there is a link that I feel addresses that sentiment very well...I will try to find it but basically it makes the assumption that we don't care about the fact that our baby is healthy and safe and it also implies that we dontt have the right to feel disappointment, anger, frustration, etc toward our birth experience because somehow it means that I feel those things toward my baby. In that regard I think the photo is suitable for the message it is trying to convey. And I don't know if any of you have ever watched a c/section but they are not gentle with your body and it does kind of come across like mutilation with all the yanking and pushing and seemingly careless displacement of internal organs. I personally wouldn't use the word mutilated to describe my body after c/s only because I can still have normal pregnancies and had decent recoveries with no lasting pain or numbness but that also doesn't mean that i wouldn't totally understand why some women do in fact feel mutilated.