View Single Post
May 11th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you prefer a midwife who is super hands off, doing little to no testing and practically letting you UC while she knits? I prefer one who is hands off and gives me information and her professional opinion and then lets me decide for myself what is best for me and my baby.

Do you prefer a midwife who is more pro-medicine, maybe a little more proactive and quicker to transfer - maybe a CNM or birth center? I would not want a midwife that was super pro-medicine outside of necessity. I would also prefer to know that my midwife doesn't transfer unless necessary or requested.

Do you want someone motherly, or someone professional or in between? I don't really have a preference on this. I get along equally well with most people.

How long are your appointments? Do you like them or wish they were longer or shorter? My appointments are generally an hour long. That is a fine amount of time. I could probably get by with just a half hour most times, though.

Have you found your ideal midwife or are you still looking? Is what you want even available in your area? My current midwife is fine and so was my first (though I miss my first).