Topic: Your Stance
View Single Post
May 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzgrl4evr View Post
I know it's been a while since this was active, but I didn't know where else to put this at. First off, I am Pro-life. Secondly, The Governor of Indiana, my state, has signed a bill that will defund planned parenthood and other abortion providers as well as restrict abortion. No abortion after 20 weeks. Our government is wanting to take out abortion completely eventually. I don't know if other states have done this, but Indiana is on it's way to becoming Pro-Life!!!!!!! I am very happy about this.

I do realize that Planned Parenthood does other things besides abortions, but they are the leading centers to do them, as well as hand out birth control to under-aged children (at least they do here in Terre Haute and the surrounding areas) and many of their other services can be provided at other clinics around Indiana for discounted prices.

Indiana House passes bill to de-fund Planned Parenthood, restrict abortion | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

Also, an update... as I mentioned before, he SIGNED it!!!! I know that many many many many people are cheering along with me here in the Hoosier state!
I can guarantee you just as many people are not cheering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzgrl4evr View Post
I agree with giving teens birth control, but here in Indiana, they do it without parent's consent and that is not cool. I had to take BC as a teen because of irregular periods myself.

If someone doesn't want a baby, use contraceptive or don't have sex. But unless it's for medical reasons, abortion shouldn't be used, in my opinion. That's why adoption is there. I think it's sad when there are so many couples unable to have children yet women decide to abort their unborn baby just because they can't handle another one or can't afford another one. Give the child to someone who can afford it. Now if the mother is in danger then maybe... that's a reason, depending on the danger of course.

Birth control can fail.

Would you have an abortion if you knew as soon as your child was born, he or she would die? Would you have one if you knew that he or she would die slowly while you were pregnant with him or her?

Thanks to Nicole *MommaDucks* for my siggy