View Single Post
May 18th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Veteran
So when do you guys make the decision to step in? My husband has informed me that he does not want to let him cry it out anymore because Reid sounds sad. Ok I'll give you that he sounds a little sad and it breaks my heart to have to listen to him cry. But I'm the one who get's up with him at night. My husband has to get up and out the door by 7 and I can sleep in so I take night duty.

That being said I'm exhausted and tired from spending 1 to 2 hours a night trying to get him to fall asleep completely in my arms so I can put him down. He has to learn at some point how to self soothe right?

We haven't made it all that long yet. Is it wrong for me to let him cry it out for 10 - 15 mins and then go get him because I know it will wear him out and then he'll sleep? I mean the idea is for him to learn how to self soothe...I don't want to make him suffer every night just to make it easier on me.

I'm also not sure if this is worth doing at night if he is on a different routine with the baby sitter during the day. She is older and we are getting such a good deal with her coming to the house...I don't want to wear her out by having her have to go up the stairs a million times a day trying to teach him to sleep. That seems like it should be my job. So because of that she holds him a lot during the day and he sleeps on her lap.