View Single Post
May 19th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Veteran
My time limit is between 10 and 15 minutes for his crying. It really depends on how long he has been awake. Last night we gave him an early bedtime because he refused to take his usual nap when we came home. Which means that by7:00 he had already been up for 3 hours and was starting to lose it.

So we bathed him, fed him, and put him to bed. He woke up at 8, bright eyed and ready to play LOL. So by 9:00 he started to fuss and was completely exhausted. I fed him and he fell asleep. Rocked him while holding in the glider like normal for about 10 mins and then put him down SLEEPING in the crib.

Well the minute he was put down he started to wake up and fuss. By that time it was like 9:20 and he is never up that long. So I was willing to let him cry it out so he could finally go to bed. If I would have picked him up and tried to get him back to sleep he would just play for god knows how long.

Around 10 mins in his crying sounded pretty bad, not like his normal wimpering. But I'm almost positive that if I would have walked in there his eyes would have been closed. None the less my husband picked him up and he fell back asleep for good in a few minutes.

So maybe we can try a hybrid of the two. I've done the mid cry check in's where I rub his back and pat him but that just makes him madder. I guess we'll see...my husband made me feel awful for allowing him to get so upset.

I felt so bad I went to bed in tears