View Single Post
May 21st, 2011, 10:00 PM
Your/DH's Names & Ages? - Brandon and Jen, 41 and 39 respectively

Birthdays? - 3/8/1970 and 10/5/1971

Anniversary: 2/5/1995

Any Children/Furbabies, if so what are their names/ages? - 2 dogs, Cooper, a black pug and Lottie, a spotted French Bulldog. And a rotating cast of foster dog.

How Long TTC? - At least 5 years

What methods are you using to get BFP? - Our lives have experienced a lot of turmoil in the last few years, just when we began to seek help to get pregnant. So that went on the back burner in a big way. Now, we are working with a fertility clinic and sperm donation clinic. Depending on my body and possible removal of polyps from my uterus, we do our first IVF in June. And it scares me to death.

Anything else you would like to tell us? - I have always, and I stress the always, wanted to have kids. I loved babysitting growing up, completely spoil friend's kids and our nephews and the way that I treat our dogs might lead you to believe that I have an empty nest. Despite all of that, IVF and what it could bring scares me so much, which is completely irrational. The only thing that I can figure out is that if we were able to get pregnant without much thought or efffort, it would be different. Because we can't, I am left with a lot of time to think and worry and hypothesize which ends up confusing me. We both so want children but when it takes so much effort to get there, all of your fears get to come along for the ride.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I just way overthinking and worrying it all to death?