View Single Post
May 24th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
The way you approached us is the best way to approach him. Just try to keep a calm and cool head the entire time, this will become a heated debate. So far I think you know your "place" just fine. But as time goes on you should be able to discipline the child more, if need be, in a way that is acceptable for all involved.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemama View Post

However, my SO backs me up 100% on this. Sounds like your guy will too. If that is the case, realize that you not only have a right to ask for what you want from the child - but it's GOOD for the child for you to set boundaries and rules.
Completely agree. The worse thing that he could do is not support you. It's good that he does!

Quote:
Regarding your SO's parenting style - I'd talk to him about it. I'd be very careful how you approach it - I would say you have noticed a/b/c and I would talk about your feelings related to the message it sends his kid. See how he reacts...

Good luck!
Yes, I agree. I think it's really detrimental to a child to be berated for his/her fear. I think this definitely needs to be addressed, but in calm, cool, collected manner and not while the child is around.