View Single Post
May 30th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Today is 13 years since my friend Jen died. She was only 14 and on her way to an amusement park when they got into a car accident. She died instantly...No one else in the car was hurt.

I'll never forget the call. I was getting ready to go outside to play kickball when I was told I had a phone call. I lived on the county line so all my friends were long distance and never called so I was surprised. Jessie asked if I was sitting down. I flopped on the floor and very cheerfully replied with "I am now." That's when she told me...only she didn't use Jen's last name. While deep down, I knew that's what helped me through that day. I kept thinking "There are a ton of Jennifer's. Maybe it's not her and it's someone they thought I knew."

Our friend Sammi put an end to the denial the moment I walked into school the next day. School was surreal. I don't remember much of anything other that finding out when the funeral was.

Mom told me that evening I couldn't go to the funeral because she couldn't handle a child's funeral...not after losing my brother. I understood but promptly told her there was no way I was going to school Tuesday. Tuesday morning I woke up to find my grandmother at her house. She had decided she'd take me to the funeral so I could go. The place was PACKED. There were people outside, standing in the aisles, filling the entire building. I remember being pissed that I was sitting next to a girl that had made fun of Jen in front of me. She just wanted to get out of school.

Tomorrow is 5 years since my good friend Sherri passed. Her death was suspicious enough that several of us called and begged the cops to do an investigation, they did but they couldn't build a strong enough case as so her husband is still a free man. He didn't even call anyone to inform them of her death. A friend saw her obituary and called me at work. I then had to be the one to call her family since John didn't.

And four years from Wednesday, a church friend passed. Sadly, I didn't know her as well as I would have liked. I also don't know much about the circumstances of her death. I didn't even find out until after the funeral and then had to pass the word along about her too.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)