View Single Post
June 1st, 2011, 12:59 PM
Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I had my appointment today at the weight loss clinic. I lost 5.5 lbs this week for a total of 12 pounds in two weeks on the diet! I am 17 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, though this squishy belly sure doesn't feel like it.

I'm SO excited, but I am also really nervous because I got my psychological/emotional profile back and it basically calls me out on all of the bad habits and feelings that I have regarding myself and food. It's one thing to know in the back of my mind, but to read things in print is tough. I think one of the hardest things for me to overcome is going to be stress eating and emotional eating - eating to celebrate, to fill a void, to relax from stress, blah blah. I KNOW I do it, but to see it written that "because you eat when you are upset, you tend to eat very little in front of people and a lot when you are alone" is like being caught. I do eat when I'm alone - after the kids are napping during the afternoon is my WORST time of day. I am starving b/c I probably haven't had a chance to fix lunch and then it's 1:30 and I haven't eaten since breakfast, I am stressed and ready to relax, and do what I want...and often that is to fix myself something tasty to eat for lunch/snacks.

So I hope to become more in tune with these subconscious reactions that lead me to binge on bad food and redirect myself in a more positive way

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Last edited by KellersMom517; June 1st, 2011 at 01:03 PM.