How do you say? (stolen from Dec DDC who stole it from Jan DDC lol)
View Single Post
June 1st, 2011, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
1) What do you call the place where you buy food and household items:
Either store or grocery store, though I usually call it by the name of the store, like Fred Meyers (or Feddies), Wal-Mart, Safeway, etc.
2) What do you call carbonated beverages:
Soda, though I 99% of the time go for the regular flavor like Coca Cola or Pepsi, but for some reason, at least where I grew up in NC, we just say Coke when we want the regular flavor, regardless if the place carries Coke or Pepsi product and the server never corrects us. I get tired of it in Alaska. Makes me think the servers are stupid.
3) What's thing with wheels that you put food and household items in while shopping:
4) What's the thing you carry on your shoulder with your keys, money, phone and cosmetics:
Bag. I hate purses, never found one I liked. I prefer messenger bags or something a little smaller but can't be classified as a purse.
5) Do you say y'all?:
Not as much as I used to. You move to a place where people laugh at you for saying it, you soon learn to say something else.
6) Do you pronounce these words the same? (Mary, merry, marry):
7) Do these words sound the same? (pin, pen):
8) Do you pronounce these words the same way? (aunt, ant):
9) What do you call the public water drinking machine found in parks and schools?:
10) What do you call the thing with wheels that people push babies around in?
11) What do you call a long sandwich on a roll?
12) Where are you from?
Grew up in North Carolina.
Thanks Tasha_Mae for my siggy!!
Last edited by Alaska-Su; June 1st, 2011 at
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Alaska-Su