View Single Post
June 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerblue View Post
I agree that those pics are horrendous. But they are examples of free speech. I just try to avoid planned parenthood on my errands, just in case the kids see that kind of thing. I guess if we ever did, and mine were still little, I would have to make something up. I mean, how could you explain that to a 3 or 4 year old! I think those pics are lies anyway.
Oh puhleeez.. there are limits to free speech and rightly so. uggh
This kind of disgusting imagery should not be allowed in public. It can traumatize children. I guess you're ok with your children seeing that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMommy View Post
I don't agree that the public is forced to look at it. Just like with anything else, look away. I do not agree with them having it on the side of a truck in the first places, but since it IS there, you have a choice to look or not. If I see something unpleasing or gross, I choose not to look at it anymore. And if I saw it before my child, I would tell her not to look that way until we pass the truck.
There's no easier way to get a child to look at something than to tell them not to look!
And you don't really have a choice whether to see it or not. It's not as if they warn you - you either see it or not.

Baby girl born Feb 2013