View Single Post
June 5th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
Edited: I just found the ADHD forum!

Ok ladies, I need help. I'm at my witt's end..

I have made an appointment for my 2 1/2 year old son, but until then I need some help. My son is everything a 2 year old should be, times 100. I have been around, lived with, and seen other kids his age on a daily basis and I've never seen one as bad as him. He is a sometimes loving child, but will randomly hit, get aggressive, etc. He is non-stop, and I do mean that. He won't even sit still to watch Thomas for more than 2 minutes, and that's not an exaggeration.. and he loves Thomas! He is constantly throwing food, spitting food, hitting, touching the stove even though he's been told 1 million times it's hot, and after time out, he runs back for more of anything to get into trouble. I am consistant with discipline, and I can't do this alone much more.

My mother is a pharmacist, has 7 kids, and 9 grandkids. She even says she KNOWS it's ADHD, and a bad case as well.

My questions are:

Will I even find a doctor who will take me serious? I know this isn't normal 2 year old behavior, and It's getting to the point where my son is in time out most of the day, and neither of us can live a happy life. He needs some form of treatment.

How do you cope with it? Do meds help your child with ADHD? How long until you noticed a difference after starting any meds? And last, but definitely not least-- is there anyone else out there who noticed this behavior before the "normal" 5-6 year age range? Anyone go through this? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

-frustrated mother.

Last edited by Britt3; June 5th, 2011 at 06:36 AM.