View Single Post
June 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraJo29 View Post
Good idea!! I used to have my kids listen to a book on tape every night when they went to bed. It was our "ritual" and helped them to wind down in bed. The only thing that got annoying was they started to bicker about which tape to put in every night "It's my turn to pick... No it's my turn.. Last night you picked Curious George..." etc, etc. lol
Yeah I am waiting for the bickering to start, so far though they have unanimously picked - must be a twin thing LOL It'll probably happen when they have listened to each one once. By then they'll have favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison79 View Post
Our library has Plaways that have entire books on a self contained device. No CD's, just plug in headphones and go. The kids LOVE them.

Here's a the site that shows what they look like : Playaway® and Playaway View™ preloaded audio and video players
I have seen these. They are really neat. I bought one for a gift for a teen I used to watch. He was blind (and other health issues) and I did respite care for his mom here and there when she needed someone. He loved books on tape and too be read to - it was the perfect gift for him.