View Single Post
June 7th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Veteran
Well, I have to be honest. I see a great deal of projection here and very little parenting.

Have you talked with DH regarding your role with SD? Because if my SD came in to me and asked where her dad was in that fashion, she'd be handled. I would handle it. I don't need DH to build boundaries for me.

You mentioned in another post that certain things happen at your house that don't happen at BM's - why do you think that is?

Sounds to me like regardless of DH - you need to determine your role here - and what you are and aren't willing to do regarding these kids. I can't imagine allowing SD dictate where I do and don't go. And frankly, if DH pulled that crap on me regarding the couch - I would have left without him and bought the dang couch without him. And he would have heard an earful about how he handled it - ending in an agreement about how to move forward (even if it took several days to hash it out!).

Lots in this post, mama. Looks like a huge lack of boundaries all around. The question is - what are you willing to do about it?