Please read my Birth Plan :P
View Single Post
June 7th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2010
So... after my little experience with L&D I decided it was best to make a birth plan so that my nurse is aware of what I want... as well as the Dr on call if I were to go into labor on the weekend... I kept it really really simple, because it just includes the things that I thought were most important to me and Dh.
What do you guys think???
Nurse! If I am being attended by an on-call OB please discuss my Birth Plan with him.
• My goal is to have a Natural Labor and Delivery. I understand that this is not always possible, but please respect my wishes to give it my best try.
• I would like to keep hydrated by drinking water and avoid an IV.
• If my labor is going smoothly, I would prefer intermittent monitoring.
• If available, I would prefer cordless monitors.
• If my labor is going smoothly, please allow me to eat if I feel hungry.
• If my OB or Midwife is suggesting any kind of medication, please explain to me and my husband why they feel this is necessary, what are the effects it will have on me and my baby, and then offer it. I may want to refuse medication when possible.
• I do not want an episiotomy.
• I will be doing a Cord Blood Collection. I have a Cryo-Cell International Kit.
• I would like to have skin to skin as soon as possible. I understand that the Cord Blood Collection and any other issues may delay this.
• I plan on exclusively breast feeding.
• If possible, I would like baby to always be accompanied by myself or my husband if she needs to be taken from our room for any reason.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my Birth Plan, I deeply appreciate this and your consideration of my wishes. - Lili "
View Public Profile
Find all posts by little.lili