View Single Post
June 8th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone!

I was hoping others will be able to let me know their thoughts. Beginning with my first pregnancy out of three 7 years ago, I have always tested positive for the preliminary syphilis test that is done during pregnancy, but then when they do the extra testing, it of course comes out negative. Since I was with midwives, they never pursued why I had an antibody in my blood causing the false positive syphilis test until my last pregnancy in 2010. This time, I did some extra blood tests and I was ANA positive, positive for Cardiolipin, Anti-DNA was high, and Srogrens Anti-SS A was high...whatever all that means! My dr wanted to test me for more, but without insurance, the others were too expensive. He then told me that I have lupus, but the thing is, if it hasn't been for the syphilis tests, I would never have even known something was going on at all. Is it possible to have these antibodies, but they are not active or doing anything, just sitting there and maybe I don't really have lupus? It just doesn't make sense to me. I will say, after having my first baby, I changed, more sleepy and bouts of fatigue here and there, ringing in my ears started up that has not gone away, and stiffness in the morning and minor joint issues that are more noticeable this last year. I also started getting migraines after the first baby, but right on with my cycle. But, I attributed that to being a mother now and working and just being exhausted, sleeping on a crappy bed, and having different hormonal issues after babies causing cyclic headaches....oh and being over 30 now! Nothing alarmingly abnormal. I did change, yes, but still would never guess I had so much going on in my blood. Plus, I had three babies with no complications thank God, so it doesn't make sense.

I wonder if any of you have had a similar reaction...... I had never had fever for any reason in my life, until my husband came to visit from overseas for 2 weeks in April. After a week of sexual activity with no birth control method, I came down with a mysterious fever that lasted the whole second week he was here. That is what brought me to the doctor who pursued the strange blood tests results from my pregnancy in 2010. It makes me wonder if that sexual activity with no birth control method had anything to do with the seeming "lupus flare"? Also, all of my possible lupus symptoms happened after having my first baby. Lastly, my severe headaches and fatigue come with the menses cycle and are relieved after I start. IT seems to me that lupus is completely linked to the female hormones. I would LOVE to hear if anyone out there has similar experiences as me, and can tell me what they think or have learned.

Thank you so much,

Emily