View Single Post
June 14th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hello ladies,
I have a situation that has left me feeling totally resentful and unappreciated by my husband.
I'm a stay at home mom and wife, and I absolutely adore my life. This is everything I've ever wanted. I know many people would argue that I should want more from life, but being able to stay home and care for my son is so important to me.
That being said, my husband is a wonderful man and father. He cares for me and provides for my son and me, and I'm truly blessed to have him not only as a husband, but as a friend.
My husband works full time (of course.) He recently enrolled in an MBA program without asking me my thoughts and opinions. This bothered me because we are a team, and big decisions like this should first be discussed.
He works long hours, frequently 11+ per day. When he comes home he (understandably) needs some cool down time. Now he has homework which requires 3-4 hours a night.
I feel like I'm a single parent. I'm so tired and frustrated by the end of the day. My son is teething, and is usually grumpy. I have no time for myself, except here and there when my son is content playing alone. I've tried reaching out to friends and joining a mommy and me group, which has helped. But it doesn't take away from my feeling that I'm doing this alone.
I feel like I should be happy with what I have. I feel like I'm a big baby for complaining. My husband works his tail off, just as hard as I work at home. I know that he's doing this for the ultimate good and benefit of our family, but I feel so alone.
Any ideas on how to handle this? I think the problem is really my attitude- I just don't know how to shake it.
Thank you!