View Single Post
June 14th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth mama View Post
Hi there-
Sorry to hear about the stressful news...but remember! it doesn't necessarily guarantee another NICU experience.
I would suggest that if you might see bed rest in your future that you take it upon yourself to do as LITTLE as possible.
Remember to breathe, stressing out about it can't help!
Easy for me to say I know..because I'm not in your shoes at the moment...although I may be sometime since I recently found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant!
Excited and scared at the same time!
Question....did your docs say anything about pelvic rest? I am wondering if it is safe to have sex during a high risk pregnancy?
Nope, my docs have not put me on pelvic rest--which is one of the things that tells me I'm probably more worried than necessary, because if something was fishy, I'm sure that's one of the first things they'd do. I will say, we're not DTD that much because I'm tired a lot and DH is scared of something going wrong.

I actually have been trying to take it easy the last few days, I feel like it's the only thing I can do at this point. But I work full time--at a desk, so it's not strenuous, but I can't lay down. I wish there were like cervix-thickening foods you could eat or something.