View Single Post
June 15th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisette111 View Post
Like the others said... don't beat yourself up. People make mistakes, it doesn't make you a bad person.

I'm a single mom and my son is the result of a one night stand. I felt everything you are... how am I gonna do this... how can I be so stupid, etc. You know what I feel now? That I can't wait til my son gets up from his nap so we can have lots of cuddles and play with a new toy I got him. Don't get me wrong, it's hard. Being a single mom and working and all of that is really really hard... only... everytime I come home from work I know there's a lil ray of sunshine waiting for me. Forget giving my life meaning, my son has given me a kind of happiness I never even really knew was possible. Your baby is going to give you that too... and all the hard work will seem like nothing compared to that joy they freely give you every single day.

It always helped me to think of my pregnancy as a surprise, not an accident. An accident is something bad that happens to you suddenly... but a surprise is something wonderful that you didn't even know how bad you wanted it until it was there.

PP are right, once they're here you won't regret how it had to happen. Perhaps God saw that you weren't loving yourself the way He wants you to... so he gave you a precious little miracle to show you just how loveable you are. I don't think anyone ever sees God as clearly as when they look into their child's eyes filled with love and adoration. You're perfect in His eyes, and you'll be perfect in your babys, too. How the baby got here is unimportant, and you'll deal with all of that because you have to... and it won't be nearly as bad as you think it's going to be. The rewards are enormous
Thank you, everyone for your encouraging posts. The one above even made me tear up a bit. it is really true that I was/ am being hard on myself. It just seemed like the natural emotional response for the situation. It feels good to know I am not alone and other people have gone through the same situation. I just really hope I can change from feeling fear and anxiety and shame to feeling joy. I know that this baby is a blessing and not an accident. Everything happens for a reason. Thank you all, again.