View Single Post
June 16th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Week 23!

I can't believe I'm 23 weeks already. It just feels like time is flying by, and yet, it also feels like a loooooong time until October.

I'm feeling a little less frightened than I was last week. I've come to the realization that what I'm scared of is having another NICU experience, and even if my cervix is incompetent, which we're not sure it is, that doesn't mean I'm going to have another preemie, because there's stuff we can do to keep Maggie cooking. The key is that I'm being monitored closely so they can do what needs to be done to keep her from coming early. So, I'm just trying to stick with my mantra: Keep Calm and Carry On.

Upside to being 23 weeks: I'm only a week away from "viability"! Downside to being 23 weeks: the hip pain at night is starting to drive me completely insane. I can only lay on one side for so long before my hip is aching like crazy, and by 4AM, both sides are so sore that I'm laying on my back, which then triggers my sciatica. So basically, I can't win...and that's with a body pillow, which at this point doesn't appear to be helping at all. Le sigh. Also, the heart burn has come back with a vengeance, and the gas, OMG the gas. My poor husband, I'm like a one-woman band at night, it's insane.

The last several days I've been feeling a LOT more movement, to the point where I said to DH, "I am starting to wonder if Maggie is going to have ADHD, she never stops moving!" She also keeps kicking me in the cervix, which does not help with my fears, and also feels so weird! I wish she'd kick me someplace else instead!

So tomorrow is yet another progesterone shot, and then a week from tomorrow is my next cervix check, and the doc I'm seeing that day is the one who delivered Jim. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news!