View Single Post
June 17th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning ladies. Thank you for all the T&Ps . The magnesium sulfate seems to have worked to slow my contractions down. I'm still on it right now and will be for at least 24 hours-yuck- I can barely see straight to type this. Last night it made me really sick, hot and dizzy. At that point I will get my second steroid injection. Lacey looks great on the monitor. Its just my stupid body that won't cooperate. We are hoping to make it to 32 weeks.

Don't let this scare you FTM's this isn't the norm. Have a great weekend ladies and I'll try to keep you posted when I can.

I'm home! They were able to stop my labor with the magnesium sulfate. The terbutaline didn't even touch the contractions. I got both steroid doses in, which makes me feel somewhat better. My daughter also was lucky enough to get the steroids a week before her birth and she didn't need to be ventilated at all and her lungs were really mature for a 30 weeker. I'm on strict bed rest now which of course realistically equals floor rest with the kids and couch rest. As far as why my stomach looks so much smaller it is because her head is deeply engaged in my pelvis already. Owie. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies. I'm feeling pretty positive and blessed to have her baking another day.

Missing my brother everyday- 1985-2011~I love and miss you so much
Essure permanent birth control procedure done 5/24. My family is now complete<3

Last edited by mommyakawifey; June 18th, 2011 at 09:54 AM.