View Single Post
June 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Well, given your past history of hemmorhage, I would not mess around with it. I had the same happen with luckily only one of my births and it was terrifying and awful. I hope that doesn't happen for you again, but obviously there is always that chance. I have never heard of pitocin being the cause, but I don't know enough about it. I would say that you can still use a Mid-Wife, but use one in a hospital settiing, that way if anything should come up, the OB on for that day will be able to assist. (that is what I do, Midwife in a hosp and if needed, an OB is there for anything surgical etc). As for the epidural, that is a personal choice. Many women feel that the use of it is somehow a sign of weakness and a let down, but in reality, it is used for a reason. Sometimes the pain can be too much for us to handle. I am sure if you have a conversation with you MIL and tell her the exact situation just as you have explained it to us here, she would understand your position and be supportive. Labor is just one of those things that you have to roll with. Whatever happens, happens and you just have to move on with it and accept it. At the end of the day, a beautiful baby will be yours to love and MIL's to spoil so everyone wins!! Good Luck!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together