View Single Post
June 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ha I could write a book about my inlaw problems. I still am going through a situation similiar to yours and it's been going on for 16 years. Sadly you are in a no win situation. I still battle with mine. heck we just all had a huge issue that went on. Things have gotten tougher since we announced we were pregnant.

Basically what I do is if I don't feel like participating in a family function where they are I send my husband and kids. As the wife you are put in a hard situation when kids are involved b/c if you're like me you want your kids to know their grandparents.

If things have been going on that long chances are that you'll be butting heads for many yrs to come. It's also up to your husband to help support you and stick up for with his family. Believe me totally easier said than done.

Other than that the only other advise i can give you is to keep your head up and try and not let them upset you. (even though they will). It's never ending and isn't fair but unless you can find the root of the problem and all parties accept and forgive the past things will always be a bit difficult.

Good luck. I know you'll need it.