View Single Post
June 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well. Unbeknownst to me there is a Rod & Staff store literally 15 minutes from my house. So I went there this morning and was able to get TONS of helpful information. The people there are GREAT! Even though we haven't checked into many kinds of curriculum, we LOVE that the Rod&Staff stuff is so Christ centered, and SO SO SOOOO simple and SUPER CHEAP! So we are planning on starting there and changing parts of it later on if it isn't working. Now what I really need to focus on is all the legal aspects of getting things in order to start. It seems pretty simple, almost too simple to be true. I am afraid that I am going to look over something. One thing that is really confusing to me is that in KY it says that we must keep attendance records, and must go 175 or 185 6 hour days. However I have seen some people on the boards say they spend no more than 3-4 hours a day on schooling. Aside from that, I need to send my letter of intent to the board office no less than 2 weeks before school starts and keep a binder containing attendance records and progress reports (every 9 weeks). That seems so easy but I feel like it's almost TOO EASY! Also we are not required to do state testing in KY so I won't have to worry about that either. Anyone HS'ers from KY here to help me out with this???