View Single Post
June 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
First of all, calm down...easier said than done, but things work out and what you think is the worst thing will end up being the best thing EVER.

I am 22 years old, but i got pregnant right around my 21st birthday. I was in my junior year of college and had only been with my boyfriend for 1 1/2 months. If your boyfriend isn't supportive, it is important that you do find a support network. No, you are NOT a horrible person, and you will find a way to work through this.

My boyfriend and i didn't consider adoption or abortion, because I believe every child is a gift. Let me tell you..i didn't think this was any gift. I was terrified, alone at school away from my boyfriend and family, and terrified about all that came with caring for a baby.

I had my baby this last September, and it was very exhausting at first, and I learned basically everything as days progressed. Take it one day at a time. Looking back, i don't regret what happened and knowing what my little guy is like now, i would have tried to have him if i knew he would bring me so much joy and change my life for the better. I don't feel like i am making sacrifices (having to go to school, staying home at night, etc) because you fall in love with your child, and are willing to do whatever it takes.

Good luck, and try to make steps to move forward..nothing will be accomplished by getting mad at yourself..things happen!