View Single Post
June 24th, 2011, 10:34 AM
I am 26 and I think I am pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy. I believe that I am 3 weeks pregnant, I haven't missed my period yet, but I have all the symptoms of being pregnant. My boyfriend lives on the other side of the world (literally) and I believe I got pregnant after visiting him. Before I started believing I was pregnant, a week ago, me and my boyfriend had a great relationship, mainly an open relationship, for over 5 years. It was love at first sight, and I have never felt that way for anyone else before or since then. At first he laughed it off, saying I was crazy, but then he started telling me to "get rid of it," and "it's nothing." He hasn't been supportive of my emotional needs at all, and I am so confused about his feelings towards me now. Before this happened, he had asked me to move there, and I was planning to within a year or so on a professional visa. We are both at a rough point in our lives, he recently began his own business, and he is stressed financially and working 16 hour days. I am still in grad school, in debt, and not financially ready for a baby. In order for me to have this baby, I may need to put grad school on hold, forever, and rely on my parents for support for awhile. I haven't told them yet, but I think they will want me to get an abortion as well. As much as I want to be a family, I don't think that is what my boyfriend wants right now, and I don't want him to resent me for deciding to keep it, and then having him feel forced into it. I feel like everyone in my life wants me or will want me to get an abortion, including my friends. I feel that I will need a lot of support from my boyfriend and parents in order to have this baby, and if they aren't willing, then I don't know if I can do it on my own. When I think about having an abortion it makes me sick, I feel it would be a terrible mistake. When I think about having my baby, holding him for the first time, I feel calm and like it will all be worth it for just that one moment. I think I will be a really loving, good mom, but I can't do it all alone. I just don't know what to do. =(