Topic: NT Scan today
View Single Post
June 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I am so happy that you had a good appointment. The monthly scans will hopefully be reassuring. I have ultrasounds every two weeks (I have another one tomorrow!), and I find them very helpful and comforting. I still go crazy between, but it is nice to know that everything looks good. It is a nice tangible piece of evidence that things are going OK. Are you planning to find out the gender? Do you have a guess yet?
I haven't joined a DDC this time. There are many reasons for this, such as fear that I would just have to leave again, previous experiences with drama, and a pretty much complete inability to relate. Pregnancy just isn't the same thing for girls like us as it is for those who have never had a loss. I am not setting up a nursery or buying all kinds of cute clothes, I am hoping and praying that my baby makes it and trying to manage my panic attacks between appointments. In a DDC, I can't be honest about my experiences, worries or feelings. I would be nothing but a buzz kill. I have lurked in the September DDC, though, and they seem like a great group of women, but I still wouldn't want to be the scary example of what can go wrong, if you see what I mean? I post in PAL a bit. They understand that I can't even bring myself to get a ticker! This section is a bit quiet for the most part, so you may want to give PAL a try too, if you haven't already.