View Single Post
July 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are going through this.
There are so many help options out there for single mothers. They can usually help you find affordable housing and some even help with the deposit. You just have to look around for it or ask friends that have been through it. My sister went through it with her ex and there was job and family but also this local place that provided her with the first months rent and security deposit. They just required her to have a job to be able to pay the monthly rent.
Also go after him for child support if you haven't already. That money will help you a ton and help you be able to provide food and clothes for the kids. When you work out a deal of your own the guy usually falls through and will skip making payments since the courts aren't involved.
My parents were divorced and my dad was still very active in our lives he paid a ton in support, took us every other weekend and would have taken us more if we hadn't hated staying at his house with his strict curfew rules lol. My mom was a single mom of 5 for years until she married my step dad. And I'm not sure how she did it. But I know I've never admired a stronger woman. You'll get through it and your kids will respect you for working hard for them.