View Single Post
  #1  
July 5th, 2011, 07:27 AM
littlebeansmommy's Avatar
littlebeansmommy littlebeansmommy is offline
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 695
I have my CVS test scheduled for tomorrow morning. I hate needles so I'm extremely anxious for this, and also for the results. The genetics counselor was not so helpful when I talked to her about it. Kept giving me the statistics, like from the CVS to term there is a 30% chance of loss. I got quiet and so she told me to look on the bright side, there's a 70% chance everything will be ok. I told her to forgive me, but given I was part of the 1% that had a stillbirth, I don't put much stock into statistics. I'm glad to know what I might be getting into though. Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow and for the next 7-14 days as we wait for the results.

***Update***

Well, my appointment ended up being an hour late, so I sat in the waiting room for over an hour with another woman's 4 obnxious kids while she was in the back getting an u/s for her 5th, a girl, that she was more than disappointed about.....(REALLY lady....you need to get out of the office before I claw your eyes out)

Anyway, they called me back and we got to see baby again, flipping and jumping with a HR of 166. They answered a few questions I had and then the doc came in to do the test. VERY uncomfortable, mildly painful, so I'm glad it's over with. After it was over, the tech let us see the baby again since I had gotten a little upset, which was really nice. Baby does have a nasal bone, but some Down's Syndrome children do, so it didn't help to find out. We'll have results in 7-14 days, maybe sooner, and it will include gender.

I had some cramping yesterday and last night before I fell asleep. It's been better today, except my tummy is really sore and black-n-blue where the needle went in. I'm doing ok with the wait, I think because I know the results are coming, sooner rather than later, and there will be no guess work with them. Plus the two other little ones are keeping me busy!
__________________
DS #1:


My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4:

Last edited by littlebeansmommy; July 7th, 2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: update
Reply With Quote