View Single Post
July 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
My mom has not been happy with our decision to homeschool (going so far as to cry over not being able to see them perform in the first grade play - and this was just after they turned 1!). I have explained my reasoning, pointed out the things she has complained about in the public school (she was a teacher too), pointed out things I have seen occur in the higher elementary grades (she taught lower elementary), and then ignored a lot of it. I thought she was finally accepting our decision ...until today. The girls were telling her a story - weaving together several stories they have recently been read and using a ton of large vocabulary words correctly - and she says "Oh when you go to preschool next year you can be the teachers for the other kids!" Of course my automatic reply was "They won't be going to pre-k next year, they will be doing kindergarten here at home." Her reply: "Oh, you'll change your mind by then." .....WTH I haven't changed my mind since I first decided to homeschool my children 10 years before I ever had any, why would I change it now! Ok, if you made it this far, thanks ... I just needed to vent a little.