View Single Post
July 8th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Super Mommy
As a mom of two already, I TOTALLY agree with KarBear and Margaret! I am VERY firm on following through with my discipline with the kids. If I threatened "This is the last time I am going to ask you or it is time out" I MEAN it! It drives me nuts when people I know just sit there, yell a 100x the SAME thing but never get up and correct it! Well what do you expect? Your child quickly learns that there is NO consequence to their action so of course they won't listen!

I am not a strict mean mom, but I am strict in the sense that I will not raise brats! My kids are very well behaved, loved and know that I am serious when it comes to punishment. I am a non spanker, but my message is clear in other ways. (time outs etc).

Also, my VERY personal advise for new moms - Work your child in to YOUR life, not work you life around your child. What I mean by that, is you need to have them adjust to your schedule (within reason of course) not work everything you do around them. I say that because I was one mom who did that with my first and it became a huge deal for us. We lost our friends, our personal time, our marriage was falling apart etc. Once we had our DS, I learned that we incorporate him into our schedules. He is now 20 months and is a GREAT child and life for us is SO much better!