View Single Post
July 9th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Regular
I feel so similar to you!

I had an unplanned pregnancy when I was 18. My son is now 17 months old. I recently found out that I'm pregnant again. It was unplanned. I don't know how far along I am yet, but I think around 6 weeks. I'm still with my son's father. We're both working and in college. We decided we don't want to have any more kids until we're out of school, if not even longer. We wanted to get married first, and we're waiting until we graduate. Anyway, this pregnancy just came out of nowhere. I wasn't on birth control, but we always used protection. I thought I was imagining it, but so many signs were there. I took a test and couldn't believe it. We're okay financially, although a 2nd baby to provide for isn't the best thing that could happen to us. The thing that bothers me is that finances are practically the last of my worries. I just don't feel good about this. Emotionally, being a mother to one child is really hard on me right now. Working and going to school full-time, plus being a mommy the rest of the time just wears me out. I developed serious depression during my first pregnancy and have been dealing with it off and on ever since. I love my son, I just can't see my coping with a second child. We've also decided that we're going to keep the baby. There's no way I could do anything else. My boyfriend is trying to be more positive about it, but I feel he's really only doing that to try to keep me from dipping back into depression.
At least you have support. My parents love my son, but I can just imagine the things they're going to say to me when they find out I'm pregnant again!

Sorry for talking about me so much, I just want you to know you're not the only one. I don't have any good answers, but I don't think it's completely abnormal for us to feel the way we do. I hope it'll be easier once I get over the initial stages, or maybe when I hold the baby in my arms.