Topic: Confused...
View Single Post
July 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
ynfvjv
Hello,
I am new to this website and overall to the forum thing. I have never posted personal questions online before =/. Anyways, I am 23 and married for over a year. I was on the pill for a year and 6 months and I hated taking them so I JUST got off the pill. I was supposed to start my new pack yesterday(Sunday) but I didn't take them. My husband and I are going to try condoms as protection instead of the pills for a bit. But, we do not want kids right now, we are newlyweds =) We want kids and if it happens, it happens, but we are not purposely trying to have a baby now.

ANYWAYS, on Friday we had unprotected sex. It was my last day of my period (period was totally gone by the time of day) but I was on the sugar pills (which I never take) week. If I were to have taken my pill yesterday (Sunday) I wouldn't be concerned. But since we did not use a condom (I know, I know,if we don't want kids then we should be more careful) and I am trying to get off the pill, I am worried. Is there a high chance I could get pregnant? According to to the ovulation calendar, I am supposed to ovulate Friday July 15. We had unprotected sex Friday July 8. That's 7 days in between. I know sperm can live 5-7 days. But is there a chance that whatever hormones that is left from my pills could prevent pregnancy?Or has it been too many days for the pills hormones to be still lingering and actually get pregnant? Not sure if I made any sense here, but basically, is there a high chance that my unprotected sex during the last day of my period on the last week of my sugar pills could get me pregnant? Thanks for your help =)