View Single Post
July 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM
So, I just got married in May. I wanted to get pregnant soon after marriage because I dated my SO for 8 1/2 years. (I'm 24 years old) But many of my family members (mostly sister and sister in laws) discouraged me and told me that I should have a year with just me and my husband. I kind of fell into the pressure and continued birth control.

Flash foreward a month after the wedding. Lots of drinking at our complex, I got care less, neglected to take the pill. Me being very stupid figured it wouldn't matter.

Today I took the test and find out that I am pregnant. And I am freaking out. I haven't been to the doctor yet so I don't know if it is just a false positive. But I am worried how my family is going to feel. And yeah I know I'm married, and it's my life, but it would be nice to have their support and for them not to be judgemental.

And there is sort of another issue. I just graduated college last March. Back then, I figured I'd have a job by now. But I ended up getting too into the wedding planning because I had not done much because I wanted to concentrate on school, and I've been having trouble finding a job. Well now that I am pregnant, will anyone hire me?

And my husband does have enough money to support us and I own some good stocks, so money won't be to much of an issue. In my frusteration of job searching, I once declared that I just wanted to be a house wife. I wasn't serious but my husband said that would be fine. I am also very lucky in that I do not have any college loans or debt. But I don't want it to look like my husband married a loser who won't work!

My mom will be supportive. She's kind of old fashioned in that she doesn't believe in birth control. (And she didn't know I was taking it and she is completely cluless I think that I was sexually active before marriage.)

Also I've been drinking prior to having a positive test, drinking caffien, I have a cat and I would clean the litter box...

Ahh it's all so frusterating! And I feel like I'm a teenager with how much I am dreading announcing it to my family! This feels like it's so screwed up when it should not be!