View Single Post
July 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all, Hi, Congrats and welcome to JM! Secondly, you don't need to tell anyone in your family that you are having a surpise baby. For all they know you went off birth control. Really it's none of thier business. I'm sure there will be a few snarky comments but there are in every family and they will come around in time. All that matters is that you and your husband are happy.

Most of us aren't saints and I would conjecture that there are a lot more unplanned babies than planned ones so "bad" prepregnancy behavors are to be expected. Every Dr is different but mine says that 12 ounces of soda,coffee, or tea a day is ok. They also say that 1 glass of wine, 1 bottle of beer, or 1 shot of liqour a week is ok too. Odds are you are fine and now that you know you can treat yourself accordingly.

Go ahead and make your Dr's appt and start taking over the counter prenatals. Relax, have fun, and enjoy being a new mama! Join a Due Date Club and stick around. The ladies here are all great. Best of luck!