View Single Post
July 16th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I was in a very similar situation with our first son. My husband and I got married at 19 and 21. We became a military family and he was not moving to WA without me. We moved got settled in and I figured once I had insurance set up I would take care of the birth control issue. Needless to say that never happened, almost 1 month to the day after we got married I found out I was pregnant. Everyone assumed that I was pregnant before we got married and thats why we moved the wedding up a month (not the case, due to ships movements we had to move up the date). My husband was terrified when I told him. He didnt have the best childhood so fatherhood scared the living daylights out of him. All that changed when we saw our baby on the u/s screen. He was immediately in love and said we are going to have a son. I said okay uh huh you know everything (I was only 10 weeks). He was great after that and is an amazing father to our soon to be 3 children! It takes some getting use to when you are not really expecting it but it can be truly amazing!

My family they were excited for us but some didnt agree because they thought it would ruin our lives. My dad actually said, do you really think having a baby is the best idea? I told him well its a little late for that isnt it? He adores my children and honestly so so supportive when we found out about our 2nd child (who is our unplanned/kinda planned oops) He flew up several times to help out with her and our son since my husband was deployed.

Let me tell you our lives are so much fuller because of the little people in it! They were both laughing in the back seat of the car at the wind blowing in their face because the window was down, I mean busting up laughing, so simple right? But it melting my heart and I turned to my husband and told him our lives are so much better because they are in it. Each day is a new adventure or a struggle and I am sure you and your husband will do just fine! It may change your life but its for the better I promise!