View Single Post
July 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinchan View Post
I have been told at 24, that I am too young to have kids. Seriously? 24! Apparently I haven't lived my life yet even though I have traveled to several different countries, graduated from college, am SCUBA certified, married, had my time to party like crazy, but I guess I do not have enough life experience <.<

Also, I didn't realize that your life ended when you had a baby
I hate this attitude! Your life doesn't end when you have a kid! You can still gain life experience even if you're a parent. You don't need a ton of life experience to successfully raise a child. Plus, "life experience" is different for everyone. Some people think you should travel a lot or do certain things that others might not find very important at all.

I was 18 when I got pregnant, 19 when I had my son. Personally, it was too young for me. I definitely didn't feel ready. I wish I had more life experience, or at least finished college before I had any kids. I don't think this makes me any less of a mother than someone who is 10 years older than me. Sometimes it's harder for me, but it all comes down to what sort of person you are and how well you parent you child.