View Single Post
July 18th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
I missed your response in June! If you don't have medical insurance and can't afford regular doctor visits/labs I would definitely watch out for any new symptoms that aren't your normal flares. So maybe if you have swelling in your legs or ankles. Or maybe you can just tell that something is different. Then it might be worth saving up for a visit. A simple urine dipstick test can tell if you are spilling protein and have some kidney involvement. Sometimes local hospitals offer discounts at different times of the year for basic lab tests. CBCs check your blood counts and platelets. CMPs check your liver/kidney function. Do you live near a medical school? The medical school near me offers free clinics monthly and discounted testing services. You could even check your blood pressure at the local drug store. If it starts being elevated, that could be a sign of kidney involvement. The main thing is to know your body. If you can handle basic aches and pains and you know your limitations and can keep stress under control, you may not need medicine. But if something changes and you have some type of organ involvement, then it might be important.

*Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Last edited by EmG; July 18th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.