View Single Post
July 18th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I labored for 22 hours with Benjamin before finally getting the epidural. I hadn't had time to finish my birthing classes, due to preterm labor, so I was going without even knowing how to breathe. lol

With Nathan I was bound and determined to go completely natural with no meds, I used the tub (HEAVEN) and the birthing ball...I made it to 9cm's (and was in my 24th hour of labor) and SCREAMED at the nurse to get me the anethesiologist. She told me she thought it was too late for an epidural, but he said if I could lay still long enough for it he would place it...so he did...I was holding Nathan 15 or 20 minutes later. SO, it wasn't in full effect but it sure took the edge off.

This time I'm unsure. I am going with we'll see what the day and labor brings. lol

My reason for trying NOT to get an epidural is just that I'm absolutely TERRIFIED of them...beyond terrified. BUT, I got to a point with both boys where I just wanted relief and that got me over my fear real quick. I assume I'll get there again. hahahaha
This is the miracle of love.” -Maureen Mansfield

(6), (3) and a due Dec. 25, 2011 and one up above and forever in our hearts.